Tuesday, August 19, 2014

30 Day Challenge - Day 8

Day 8: A moment you felt most satisfied with your life.

When I finally graduated college this year, I think that is the moment in my life I was most satisfied. I had finally gotten through six years of classes, teachers, assignments, failures, and bad French. It was over and I could now start on my second path towards becoming a teacher.

I also created my own outfit for that day too, which sounds a tad odd, I guess. I'm not the best with style and body image, so the fact that I threw together a great outfit for my graduation (though it was hidden beneath my gown) was a big moment for me. Something to look forward to when I start teaching.

I know I keep bringing the subject of me graduating up, but it really is a huge milestone in my life. It's not something I thought I was actually going to be able to achieve when I first started back in the Fall of 2008, but I did; I made it all the way through and have that degree in my hand.
Secondly, I am the first, and currently only, one in my family to have actually graduated from a college. Mom and Dad have taken college course and have some college credit (for whatever jobs they've got), but they haven't graduated. In fact, I don't think either of them went to college period. My younger brother was going to go, but then Denton (University of North Texas) screwed him over with "We don't have anywhere for the incoming freshmen to live on campus... Uh, sorry?" {So, if you're reading this and thinking about going to UNT, think real hard about it. A friend of mine went there for a YEAR'S WORTH OF CLASSES and the next Fall they couldn't find record of him attending. Yeah... Two strikes for that crap college.}

So, the most satisfying moment in my life is graduating college and getting my degree. I'm on my way to bigger and better things, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment