Monday, April 11, 2016

30 Day Challenge - Day 17

Day 17: Your highs and lows of the past year.

Well, I'm going to do the highs and lows of 2015, since it's the closest "full/complete" year.

My highs:

  • We got through two years of marriage, my husband and I, and for that I'm grateful.
  • Honey has transitioned pretty well from outside dog to inside dog and she's definitely less scared of us than she was before.
  • Charlie loves the kennel and we have thus named it the "Puppy Cave" - it's basically the only place in the house he'll sleep (though, it makes it easy to find him).
  • Started getting treatment for my sleeping issues - learned I don't have sleep apnea, and not really insomnia, so that's wonderful news.
  • I got coloring books for Christmas, which is good for me and my anxiety! :D
  • I got two new nieces this year. Little Raven-Bird and Liyah-lay. Love them both.
  • We got a horse. O__O Yeah... I've always wanted one, but I didn't mean while we lived in this little town with not enough land to feed her. (Thank goodness for in-laws)
  • We got our own house. XD This one is HUGE for us. How could I forget this?
  • Hubby got in a wreck but survived with bruises and some torn muscles. 
  • Went to another RenFaire this year. Love these things!
  • Made it two years with my wonderful husband; here's to a hundred more.


My lows: Huh... Which of these can I share without giving anything to fuel fires? Probably not a lot, but I'll share what I can.

  • It feels as if my sleep doctor does not care that the medication she's put me on makes me more tired when I wake up, which could cause problems during my job or even driving to my job.
  • I accidently blew a hole in our wall with my .380 (though, I did manage a pretty awesome trick shot that I'll never be able to do again in a million years).
  • This was the year I attempted to slice my toe off with a sword in the middle of the night, attempting to avoid a dog in the dark. :I Yeah, that was fun and bloody and painful...
  • Hubby and I got into a serious fight. Our first big one? (Probably the biggest we've ever had to be sure.) Hurt like a bitch.
  • My husband got in a wreck and totaled our first vehicle.
  • I couldn't finish my "Crochet Advent Calendar" and I couldn't even bring myself to care... :I Mostly because I'm pretty sure no one else did.
Some neutral thoughts? (Wasn't part of the "prompt", but they're fun for me and I thought I'd share.)
  • I tend to get into depressive slumps and often have the urge to write. But, when I do, I tend to project my feelings into my characters. For instance, Trevor (a beloved were-tiger, thing) from my novella Athena shares these bouts and attempted suicide. I wrote a short story about his near-death and once I did, I felt tons better. No clue why, but it's happened multiple times. Not gonna look too much into it, just run with it. I kill off characters to make myself feel better.
  • Watched a tv show about black holes and white holes. Black holes suck things in and white holes spit things out. I, the nerd I am, immediately thought of portals. My thought was, of course, instantly confirmed when a scientist said that things could be sucked in through a black hole and spit back out by a white hole - Now that's thinking with Portals!
More highs than lows, which is always a good thing, of course. I, of course, expect 2016 to be much better. Things get better with time, so I'm excited to see what this year brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment